When replacing flooring in your home or choosing the flooring for a new home, consider luxury vinyl flooring products. This modern vinyl plank flooring is not what you remember from your grandmother’s house. To decide whether this is a viable flooring option, browse these vinyl plank flooring pros and cons from the experts at A&P Contractors.
What is Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring?
Luxury vinyl plank flooring is the latest trend in home flooring choices. It comes in large vinyl tiles that are rigid, durable, and realistically mimic the look and feel of natural wood floors. The planks are made of high-tech PVC.
The luxury vinyl tiles come in many colors, widths, and textures to create a floor that lasts for many years and is almost impossible to distinguish from natural wood.
Pros of Vinyl Plank Flooring
Vinyl plank flooring has clear advantages over other traditional flooring options. The current technology has taken the home improvement industry by storm and completely changed the way homeowners see their floors. Discover these benefits of vinyl flooring:
- Low maintenance and water-resistant: Cleaning luxury vinyl plank flooring is as easy as vacuuming the dust and dirt. Damp-mop the surface with a cup of vinegar and a gallon of hot water for a deep clean.
- Simple to install: The process to install vinyl plank flooring is as easy as connecting Legos—just click it together for a tight fit.
- Scratch- and stain-resistant: Scrub with a soft bristle brush and baking soda to remove any stains. Fix scratches by rubbing a tennis ball over the scratch until it is gone.
- Customizable: Luxury vinyl plank flooring comes in multiple lengths, widths, colors, and textures for a completely personalized look.
- Affordable: Vinyl plank flooring is a very affordable option for a luxurious-looking floor.
Cons of Vinyl Plank Flooring
In addition to these benefits, there are few cons of vinyl plank flooring.
- Discoloration: Some vinyl flooring can fade in direct sunlight, but most have a UV coating to protect from noticeable color fading.
- Gases: Some vinyl plank flooring give off volatile organic compounds (VOC) in gas form. It smells like the odor of a new car. If this is something that concerns you, discuss low-VOC flooring with an A&P flooring specialist.
- Not eco-friendly: Since vinyl plank flooring is plastic, it is not green and will not decompose.
From a small bedroom to an entire commercial building, luxury vinyl flooring fits every application. If you think installing vinyl plank flooring is an excellent option for your home, you need a full-service flooring contractor with expertise and reasonable rates. With a wide array of styles and top brands, A&P Contractors is your go-to for luxury vinyl plank flooring installation in Woodstock & Roswell, GA.
Contact them at 470-615-1775 today to discuss vinyl plank flooring pros and cons and how this luxury flooring can transform your residential or commercial space.