Decorating spaces like garages and tool sheds seems tricky to the average homeowner in Woodstock, Georgia. You can’t approach the task the same way you would the living room. However, leaving these areas undecorated makes them look unpolished.
“What color should I paint my garage?” you wonder. As experts in house painting in Woodstock, Georgia, A&P Painting & Flooring’s team recommends the best colors for this space.
What Type of Paint Works Best for Garages?
First, determine which paint formula works best for your garage environment. The exteriors of garage doors need durable formulas, like oil-based paint products manufactured for outdoor use. Latex paint works well for interior surfaces like walls, floors, and the inside surface of the garage door.
A flooring and painting specialist in Woodstock will recommend appropriate products depending on foot traffic and intended use.
What Color Should I Paint My Garage?
Before exploring colors based on their design appeal, consider how you will use your garage. For example, the garage floor might need a darker color than the walls and garage door to disguise scuff marks from vehicles or shoes. Using a garage door color that differs from the walls can diversify texture and design opportunities.
How Paint Color Influences Vibe
“What color should I paint my garage to make an impact?” you ask. Mike Mantell’s article in Science of People explores how various colors influence mood. Below, you’ll find some color examples that might work well in your garage:
- Blue has a stable, steadfast vibe that might encourage perseverance in your projects.
- Green represents successful endeavors, which is what you want when you repair your belongings.
- Brown creates a warm, dependable atmosphere for your home improvement endeavors.
- Neutral orange can brighten the space with an energetic, collaborative vibe.
- White represents cleanliness to improve your maintenance and organization routines.
- Gray enhances the industrious, practical mood a garage should have.
Use a combination of these paint colors to craft the mood you desire when spending time in your garage.
Choosing Colors Based on Function and Current Features
Professional painters recommend choosing colors based on how you’ll use the surface. Consider pairing the surfaces listed below with colors that enhance the vibe with less maintenance to retain intensity and tidiness:
- Walls: If you rarely touch some walls, use white paint to make the area look brighter and more spacious. Gray will disguise scuffs and scratches on walls featuring tool racks and shelving.
- Garage door: This surface needs a color that is easier to clean and disguises dirt, like gray, brown, or green.
- Floor: You might prefer a black floor, especially if your garage gets lots of foot and vehicle traffic.
- Trim and accents: Orange, green, and blue contrast beautifully against gray, brown, and white walls.
Get a Quote From A&P Painting & Flooring for Your Upcoming Paint Project in Woodstock, GA
Are you wondering, “What color should I paint my garage?” A&P Painting & Flooring can find the perfect color for your garage’s interior. Contact them about transforming your garage in Woodstock, Georgia. Their painters can also guide you to the best paint color for your home exterior.